Fire renders four homeless

Facebook
X
WhatsApp
Telegram
Email
A house in Kampung Sedarat Mawang, Engkilili being razed by fire late Wednesday night.

LET’S READ SUARA SARAWAK/ NEW SARAWAK TRIBUNE E-PAPER FOR FREE AS ​​EARLY AS 2 AM EVERY DAY. CLICK LINK

A house in Kampung Sedarat Mawang, Engkilili being razed by fire late Wednesday night.
Firefighters dousing the fire which razed the house.


ENGKILILI: A 64-year-old man injured his back after the house he lived in with three family members in Kpg Sedarat Mawang here was destroyed in a fire late Wednesday night.

A spokesman for Engkilili BOMBA said the fire at Kampung Sedarat Mawang was reported to Betong BOMBA at 11pm.

“Upon receiving the call, we immediately deployed 12 firefighters to the scene in three vehicles.

“Sri Aman BOMBA also deployed three volunteer firefighters in the Engkilili area,” he said.

Upon arriving at the scene at 11.20pm, the firefighters found that a single-storey house in Kpg Sedarat Mawang with four occupants had been destroyed in a fire.

“The rescue operation concluded at 12.05pm,” the spokesman said, adding that the actual cause of the fire was still being investigated.

Meanwhile, an officer of Sri Aman District Civil Defence Force (APM), Captain Siti Huzaimah Ibrahim said the injured house occupant has been identified as Liew Teck Ngeng.

“Liew suffered 20 per cent burn on his back and was taken to Sri Aman Hospital for further treatment in an APM ambulance with three of our staffs,” said Siti.

Related News

Most Viewed Last 2 Days

WhatsApp Image 2025-04-06 at 18.04
Head of State graces Fatimah's Hari Raya Open House
WhatsApp Image 2025-04-06 at 17.49
SKAS expected to continue next year, ensuring food security
WhatsApp Image 2025-04-06 at 17.17
Nanta calls for review of flood aid criteria
WhatsApp Image 2025-04-06 at 17.30
Sarawak looks to Hong Kong as model for building safety checks
WhatsApp Image 2025-04-06 at 16.43
Sarawak's tourism sector sees record growth